Dear Parents of the German School Nairobi,
as we all know: Covid is not over. When we look at Europe, at Germany, we see that the virus is persistent and the number of cases is not decreasing.
In Kenya, too, the numbers are rising; there are no free intensive care beds in the hospitals, healthcare
system is reaching its limits. We are noticing this trend at school, where we have to send more and more students into quarantine.
In order to make it possible to keep the school open, I ask you all again for your cooperation and support.
We have already made the appeal to the students today.
• Please make sure your children wear masks that do not slip off their noses. Change the masks daily.
• As parents, please stay in the car when dropping off and picking up children.
• Please notify the response team firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if you have any suspected cases in the family.
• Please do not allow children with cold symptoms, including the common cold to come to school until
the Easter holidays.
• Due to the new mutants, which are up to 70% more contagious, we ask that you watch for the
• Persistent cough
• Loss of smell and taste
• Sore throat
• Skin rash
• Discoloration of fingers and toes
• Aches and pain
• Remember that your behavior and that of your families during your free time has an influence on the infection at school. The virus spreads within a very short duration.
• Students who do not comply with the agreed regulations will be sent home with immediate effect.
We have achieved a lot in the last few weeks. Let us continue to work together to ensure that learning at
school remains possible for all children and that the school does not have to close before Easter.
With the best weekend greetings