Welcome to the German School Nairobi!
We are glad that you have visited our website and that you are interested in our school. Our school is characterized by a very family-like structure in a beautiful environment.
Currently, we have about 125 kindergarten children and about 210 primary and secondary school students in the school where they play, have fun and learn.
Our school is located in the middle of a small, green oasis and we are proud to call such beautiful school grounds our own. Besides many beautiful buildings, we have an excellent sports field, tennis courts and a swimming pool that members of the school community love to use. In addition, we have a wonderful school garden, which is lovingly tended by our cafeteria team.
As head of administration, it is my pleasure to support the school's day-to-day operations with my entire team of about 50 employees. From the gardener to the electrician, painter, bus driver, cafeteria staff to the admin team, we start every day motivated to face new challenges in order to support our colleagues from the pedagogical section in the best possible way and to make everyday school life as pleasant as possible for teachers, students as well as parents and visitors.
Feel free to visit us and experience what we have to offer!
Manuela BaumannHead of Administration
The administration team
We would love to be able to welcome your child(ren) to the German School Nairobi!
We will be happy to show you our school grounds, give you all the necessary information in person and of course advise you at a distance by email.
Please direct all questions relating to registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance criteria for the GSN kindergarten
- In the DSN nursery, children between 18 months and 6 years can be accepted.
- There is a waiting list, which people can be added to after paying an administrative fee of 100 Euro for two years.
- If a nursery place is accepted, the administrative fee of 100 Euro is calculated towards the payment of the admission fee and the remaining payment is due.
- If you do not accept a place, the administrative fee for the waiting list (100 Euro) expires after two years and is not reimbursed. If you are interested, however, you can put yourself forward again in the .
- Being put on the waiting list still does not guarantee a place in the nursery.
- Places are granted at the end of every April, before the start of the new school year (school calendar here - link is not working) or when places become free during the ongoing school year in accordance with the following criteria:
- Children of German origin
- Children with at least one German-speaking parent
- Children with siblings who are already students are the DSN
- Children from non-German-speaking families, who are to be educated at the German School Nairobi primary school after becoming familiar with the German language
- Children from non-German-speaking families
Work is still going on here ...
An overview of all fees
Our comprehensive educational provision requires a solid financial basis. The members of the school association bear the majority of the financial expenses by paying school fees. The Central Office for International School Matters of the Federal Administrative Office supports our school by sending international teaching staff, who are paid by the German state.
The costs of almost all the clubs in the afternoon and lunch in the cafeteria are included in the school fees. The use of the school buses and the purchase of school materials (work books/ atlases/ secondary school books of tables) are indicated separately on the invoice.
Registering for clubs and school bus transport is done for the whole school (nursery, primary school and secondary school section) before or at the start of the new school semester through a packaged online registration. The link for this is given to the parents by email.
For questions about registering for clubs and school bus transport during the ongoing school semester, please contact our head of administration by email.
Here you can find an overview of the whole fee structure of the German School Nairobi to print out:
There is an option for families with lots of children or low income households to apply for a school fee reduction (grades 1-12). Depending on the income and asset situation, the school fees are reduced accordingly. Please fill out the following Excel form for fee reduction electronically and send it to our head of administration.
Please provide us with your account details (if necessary)
Registration & deregistration forms
We require the completed registration sheet - for the nursery or school - and the completed form on your child(ren)’s health situation for the registration.
For school children, we also require the last two certificates or school reports.
You can download all forms here:
Dear parents, students and members of the school community,
The German School Nairobi is running an online school shop since 2020. Here you can find an array of high quality German Products ranging from: books, school supplies, stationery and school merchandise. You can find the shop at schoolshop.germanschool.co.ke.
Payment only via Mpesa!